For December's My Perfect Ten, we're featuring Lauren Bush Lauren, Founder & Chief Brand Officer of FEED. Lauren founded FEED in 2007 after seeing the reality of childhood hunger firsthand while traveling with the UN World Food Programme. She designed and created the first FEED bag as a tangible way for her peers to get involved, and they now offer everything from bags to accessories to home goods. FEED also strives to make their products with people and planet in mind and 76% of their line is made with more sustainable materials such as GOTS certified organic cotton and rPet.
We loved getting to know Lauren and hearing more about how FEED, an impact-driven lifestyle brand, has helped provide over 125 million meals (and counting!) through direct donations to their on-the-ground partners. Learn more about Lauren's favorite place, podcast, and the one thing she does every day to help curb the climate crisis.
1) Telluride Colorado- I was originally born in Colorado, so the Rocky Mountains have always held a special place for me. I only started going to the Telluride area with David, whose family has a ranch nearby. It is truly one of the most special parts of the world where I love taking long hikes and being a bit off the grid with my boys and family. The town itself is nestled in between mountains and still gives off old West vibes.
2) On Being- My favorite podcast is On Being by Krista Tippett who interviews poets, scientists, spiritual leaders, activists and more about some of life’s biggest, deepest questions. There is so much wisdom in each conversation.
3) “100 Years of Solitude” by Gabriel Garcia Marquez is my favorite book of all time because it is poetry in fiction novel form. He is a writer like no other, and the journeys I have gone on via his books are my favorite.
4) FEED- I wear a FEED bag everyday, so while it is hard to choose a favorite, right now, I am mostly carrying and loving the Mini Artisan Beaded Bag, which helps give 50 school meals and is handmade by artisans in India.
5) Polo Ralph Lauren- This might go without saying 😊, but Polo is my favorite brand to dress myself in and my boys in everyday. There is a timeless quality to the brand that makes it my go-to (outsides of just familial connections). Right now I am living in a rotation of my collection of holiday inspired RL sweaters.
6) Tenoverten- I love Tenoverten’s eco approach to nail care and their zen salons are always a treat to visit. My favorite Tenoverten product is the Darker Nail Trio which has chic colors perfect for Fall and Winter months.
7) Oatly- Most every morning for me starts with an oat milk latte that I either make for myself with my stove-top espresso maker or go to a local coffee shop to get. But the essential ingredient is Oatly, which is my preferred milk alternative that is creamy and delicious.
8) Shinola notebook- I have gone through so many Shinola notebooks over the years. I am still a student at heart, so I love (and need) to take notes so I remember conversations and thoughts throughout my day.
9) Marfa Stance jacket- I love their sustainable mission and the fun, mix and match of their coats and collars. Their cropped Navy/Green Cropped Quilt jacket is my favorite.
10) Composting- During COVID I became more aware of how much household waste we were producing and implications of that for our environment, so I have become an avid composter at home. Composting reduces waste and greenhouse gas emissions, while also strengthening soil quality and healthy plant growth. And it is something I can do everyday that makes me feel like I am helping in a small, but proactive way to curb the climate crisis.