For this month's My Perfect Ten, we chatted with Tera Peterson, the co-founder and CEO of NuFACE. NuFACE is the leader in at-home Microcurrent Skincare™, offering a range of award-winning devices and topical skincare products that deliver clinically tested, professional results and skin confidence to clients everywhere. Using its flagship technology, microcurrent, NuFACE award-winning products are clinically shown to help tone, firm and reduce the look of wrinkles, providing both visibly instant results and cumulative benefits.
Tera went to school for business, but after a short stint in sales, her entrepreneurial spirit was sparked. Inspired by her mother, renowned microcurrent aesthetician Carol Cole, Tera returned to school to pursue her license in aesthetics. She then worked as a licensed aesthetician for several years specializing in professional microcurrent technology. In 2005, Peterson led the launch of NuFACE® and successfully launched NuFACE® Classic, the first hand-held, home-use microcurrent device cleared by the FDA. Under Peterson’s leadership and her visionary belief that devices are skincare, NuFACE® continues to lead microcurrent innovation.
We were so inspired by & share in Tera's vision of helping clients look and feel more beautiful from the comfort of their home. We loved learning about Tera's go-to products to reduce wrinkles, nourish & brighten skin. Along with her favorite accessory she wears with every outfit, the summer dress that works for every occasion and more. We're so excited for you to get to know Tera!
1) Mineral Greens: I mix a tablespoon of Vitamineral in water every morning, on an empty stomach, to set a healthy tone for the day. A few years ago, I had very low iron in my blood and discovered Vitaminerals through my nutritionist. The greens give me a boost in the morning, nourishing my body with essential minerals and greens.
Vitamineral Green™ is an extremely potent, hard-core green superfood complex, combining 25 of the most nutrient dense superfoods on the planet in an easy-to-use powder. Featuring alkalizing grasses and grass juices, freshwater algae, and sea vegetables loaded with iodine and trace minerals.
2) BKR water bottle: I carry this bottle EVERYWHERE with me. It’s a glass bottle with a silicon sleeve and even has a lip gloss top so my body and lips stay hydrated all day long.
I love that the bottle is made of glass but don’t have to worry about it breaking! I really try not to drink out of anything plastic—the BKR bottle makes it easy and it’s so fashion forward. I always get a ton of compliments on my BKR Water Bottle.
3) Architectural Digest: I love interior design, so in my downtime I’ll peruse Architectural Digest with a cup of tea to relax and get inspired. I love their recent features on Jenni Kayne, Gwenyth Paltrow, and Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher.
4) NuFACE All-In-One Set: At age 44, I need more. So, I use the NuFACE Trinity All-in-One with all the attachments to lift, tone, and contour my muscles, while I also reduce the look of wrinkles. The Trinity offers both microcurrent and red LED light therapy to treat the muscles and the skin. I love combining technologies to get the very best results.
5) Silk Activator: The brightening and hydrating ingredients in our Silk Crème give my skin the nourishment it needs, plus a glow that can go all day. The best part is this luxurious Activator helps conduct every NuFACE treatment down to the muscles for best results.
6) NuFACE Boosters: We recently launched our new lineup of Super Boosters and I am obsessed with all of them. On days I can’t decide which to reach for, I cocktail all three of them together to give my skin an added boost of nutrients.
7) Tammy Fender Plant Milk: I love the milky texture of this everyday emulsion made exclusively from plants. It nourishes my skin on every level, is great for sensitive skin, and helps protect from environmental aggressors.
8) Chloe Over the Shoulder Purse: As a mom of 5-year-old twin girls, I love that this purse is fashionable, as well as practical. I can be hands-free at any moment but look chic. It’s the perfect accessory to any outfit.
9) Jenni Kayne Dress: I’m wearing this dress as we speak…great for WFH, picking up the girls, and a quick lunch with the hubby. We live in San Diego, so the nights can get a little chilly—I’ll throw on a light sweater and I can even be ready for a casual summer dinner at the beach.
10) Peloton Strength Classes: We got a Peloton Bike+ during the pandemic and even though my husband likes the bike more than me…the large swivel screen is perfect, because I LOVE their strength weight-training classes! I tend to see the biggest transformations in my body when I’m lifting weights, so the this is my go-to in between runs and working out with a trainer.