Hannah Harris is a creator and advocate who works at the intersection of beauty, culture, and community. In 2020, she created @browngirlhands, an Instagram community turned inclusive content studio. Brown Girl Hands has worked with top brands and publications across the fashion and beauty space to push for more diverse content in the digital world. We consume more content than ever, and if the old saying holds true, “we are what we eat,” then Hannah believes more diversity in our feeds is essential for how we view the world.
For her work, Hannah has received multiple awards including being the youngest honoree on Glossy’s 2020 Top 50 Fashion and Beauty Changemakers List, an inaugural honoree of Ulta Beauty’s MUSE100, and a 2022 Brydie Award-Winning Pro. Hannah also serves on the Equity Committee for the Fashion Scholarship Fund, the organization that oversees Virgil Abloh’s “Post-Modern” Scholarship of which she is a former recipient.
1) The Class - I aim to move my body every day and The Class by Taryn Toomey is one of my favorite ways to do so.
2) The Five Minute Journal - A new ritual for 2023, starting my day with gratitude.
3) Lesse Ritual Serum - My holy grail skincare product.
4) Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm - An everyday essential, I’m never without one.
5) Tenoverten Rose Oil - As a hand model cuticles are important, this rose oil is the best.
6) Outdoor Walks - A weekend outside is one well spent.
7) A New Book - The perfect way to escape, learn, and inspire yourself.
8) A Good Meal with Friends - There’s nothing quite like meaningful conversions over food.
9) Matching Sets - My preferred dressing method.
10) Art - I love visiting museums and collecting coffee table books. I’m currently drawn to Henry Taylor after visiting his latest gallery at the Museum of Contemporary Art.