Mia Rigden is a board certified nutritionist, trained chef & author of The Well Journal and her latest, Foodwise, a guide to healthy eating. She started off in the culinary world in her early 20s in NYC restaurants, doing everything from working in the kitchen to communications. After nearly a decade of this, she returned to her love of nutrition and built her business on the principle that good food can and should be good for you.
Mia is now Los Angeles-based and focused on her range of nutrition programs, like online courses and one-on-one coaching, all with the goal of helping clients improve their health & quality of life, and to learn to love nutrient-dense foods. Learn more here.
1) Needed Collagen Powder - I have been using this collagen powder every day for over 6 months now and I have to say my hair is healthier and my nails are stronger than ever. It’s the cleanest collagen I've found and has no taste — I add to my coffee every morning and it’s my favorite ritual of the day (here’s how I do it).
2) Sold Out NYC Perfect Tee - I am a sucker for a good white t-shirt and this one really is just perfect.
3) LINNÉ Botanicals Smooth Body Balm - We go through an insane amount of this stuff in my home. Everyone (literally everyone) in the family uses it. It feels really nourishing without being oily and has such a nice earthy smell.
4) Ossa Pearl Crossbody Phone Case - I get more compliments on this case than anything else I own. It’s super chic and functional (especially for a new mom!).
5) O-p-e-n - I started going to Open’s yoga studio in Venice and now I’m hooked on their app meditations.
6) Lanshin Massager by Acera - I hold a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders and this little tool brings so much relief! It’s like a handheld hot stone massage, and of all the tools I’ve bought, this is the only one I actually use.
7) Lunya Eye Mask - I’m addicted to this eye mask. It’s a serious problem if I forget it when I travel. It’s silky soft, provides total black out and (bonus) can go in the wash.
8) Moon Juice Magnesi-Om - Maybe you’re seeing a theme here now, but sleep is very important to me. I recommend this to virtually everyone. 300+ mg of magnesium + 100+ mg L-theanine makes for the most restful night sleep.
9) Tenoverten The Shaper - With 2 kids at home, I’m finding it harder and harder to get out for a manicure, but as much as I love a fun color, I also like clean, well shaped nails. This nail shaper is my savior when I can’t get it professionally done.
10) Seapoint Farms Edamame Noodles - These noodles are magic! Made just of organic edamame beans, they have 24 grams of protein per serving and only 9 grams of net carbs (compared to around 40 for regular pasta). It’s perfect for a quick plant-based meal (here’s my favorite stir fry).